Holiday Concert and Carol Sing -- Dec. 18... and concert night dinner quiz
Join us at 7 pm at the Crocker House Ballroom, 35 Union St., for holiday music and a carol sing led by the orchestra and the Tyl Middle School Concert Choir.
Also, take the classical music quiz and win a free pair of tickets to the concert. Diners at each of the 10 restaurants will be invited to answer three multiple-choice questions. The first diner to answer any one of the three questions will be awarded a pair of free tickets to the concert.
The restaurants participating in the quiz are: Dev’s on Bank, Daddy Jack’s, Gaspar’s, Lazy Leopard, Northern Indian, The Seehund, Steaming Kettle, Thames River Beanery, Two Wives and Washington Street Coffee House. BlissworksYoga Studio will also participate in the quiz on the day of the concert.
Music for the December concerts includes the following selections:
- Radetzky March, Johann Strauss, Sr.
- Water Music Suite in F Major, HVW 350, George F. Handel
- Fantasia on Greensleeves, Ralph Vaughn Williams
- Valse Triste, Jean Sibelius
- Carol of the Bells, Traditional Ukrainian Carol
- Christmas Carol Sing-Along Medley
- A Christmas Festival, Leroy Anderson
- A Soalin' Traditional, arr. David Bradley
- From Messiah, George F. Handel
- "Hallelujah Chorus"